1/08/2013

Sooo... I got a job...

Photobucket
Not the most flattering pic of me. Here I am showing off my staff shirt. :D
 
Monday morning I was discouraged. I was discouraged that I didn't have money, or a job. I have been job hunting since August. Filling out tons and tons of applications.I had an interview at Chick-fil-a back in October, but they weren't hiring. I had an interview at Old Navy in November, but didn't get the job. I told my Dad that after the new year, I was going to look some more. Yesterday I made a mini list of places I could go apply to. I stopped by one place, filled out an application and left. Moving on to the next part of town, I stopped at the square. When I got out of my car I noticed a little hamburger shop that my Dad had mentioned me working at before. I dismissed the thought. I wasn't that interested. But once I got out of my car, I felt a quiet nudge to go on in.
"Hey there! Are you hiring?"
"Sorta kinda!"
The owners reply.
We went on discussing hours and such. She said she was needing someone for low hours. I said great. She asked if I drive, so I could take deliveries. I said yes. she gave me an application, and I filled it out. Once I gave it back she was working on the schedule, already trying to find a way to fit me in. She said she would give me a call in a few days. I had actually come to the square to apply to a little cafe- ish restaurant , but after I left the hamburger shop, I went to the cafe. I walked in. Looked around. And left. I already felt like I was going to be working at the hamburger shop. Why fill out another application. Monday night while I was eating dinner, my phone rang. I snatched it up. It was the owner of the hamburger shop. She wanted me to work the next day, starting a two week trial.
"Would that be something you are interested in?"
"Yes".

This morning I started my first day of work. I walked in the shop. All was well. The owner introduced me to the staff. I met the girl who would be training me. She was a year older then me. She drove me all around town, showing me the places they usually deliver to. Once I got back, she showed me how to make milk shakes, and fill cups. That's my job. (plus regular tidying, washing dishes, making coffee & tea) After three hours, I left my first job. I work till Friday.

But here's the awesome part. Like I said, I have been hunting and praying for a job since August. I was praying yesterday that I would find one. My trainer told me she had been wanting more hours, and had been wanting to start working  as a waitress. The owner told her if she could find someone who could work low hours, that she could do that. Ten minutes later, I walked in. 

I really like my job. A lot. The people are very very nice. They aren't pushy or stress-filled. Very calm and relaxed. I like it. A lot.

Other then that, lately, it's just been same old same old. My family and I started watching the Robin Hood BBC series. Matt. Lauryn and I had already watched them, but we wanted my Mom, Dad and Yule to see them too. We just finished season 1 last night. I fell in Love with Robin Hood all over again. Best show evah.  So anyhoo, thats really all that's going on with me lately.

hugs xx
morg

3 comments:

  1. Morgan, I am soooo happy for you! such a great story. and it's obvious God had a plan for you :D
    i love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for you!!! It seems like it was just the perfect timing for you and that girl! like Anna said, God had a plan all along :) I'm so glad you like it so much! I am REALLY enjoying my job too...Its so cool how God can work out everything to be just perfect for you. :)
    Love you sooo much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that's awesome! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make me smile. ♥