8/04/2012

My 17th.

It's kind of hard to re-call my entire day. I just finished writing it all in my journal (eight or more pages.)
I will try to tell it correctly though...

I woke up early, hearing the pitter patter of footsteps above me. I texted Mom .
"Can I come up yet?"
"Not yet!"

I waited a little while longer, then finally the text permitting me to come upstairs came.
I took my time. I wanted the moment of excitement to last a few more minutes. When I opened the door and came out, there was my family all waiting and singing to me..
"Happy Birthday to you!"

The table was full of gifts and cards. The windows were covered in banners and the ceiling had streamers hanging everywhere. We all enjoyed a breakfast of cinnamon roles and milk. Afterwards I read all my cards and opened my presents. They were all the best.


 My brother wood-burned Thor's hammer and a quote from the movie. He knows how much I love Thor.

 Yule hand embroidered this for me. I draw pictures like this a lot, so I guess that's where she got the inspiration ;)
 On the opposite side of the plaque, Matt burned the mockingjay in for me.
The dirt cake that I made.

Afterwards, I wanted to go spend some time with my Mom at Starbucks. So we went, and when I got to the counter to order, the chick asked me my name. I said 'Katniss Everdeen". She just laughed and we talked about it for a minute. Mom was laughing and asked me what her name was. I told her it was Primrose Everdeen. You can guess the rest. Yes, I jumped up and did the whole "I VOLUNTEER" thing when her name was called ;). I jumped up so fast I hit my knee and cut it. Yeah... But Starbucks was probably my favorite thing of the day. Mom and I stayed there for three hours talking about everything and everyone. Past , present and future . Everything we could think of. Around7:00 PM we left. Soon after my sister and bro in law came over. I had been begging Ash for her old pair of TOMS, so she gave me those with a hoops and yo-yo card that literally fanned me. Ash said she had the box for the TOMS  with the sticker and bag in it too if I wanted it. I of course did, so she sent Matt out to the car to get it. When he handed it to me, the box was heavy.
"Wait, the box is heavy..."
"That's just the stuff that came with them".
I opened the box, and there to my surprise was a brand new red pair of TOMS. EEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!! I had wanted the old pair to play in and a nice red pair. She gave me both.
Soon afterwards my besties showed up. We played CTF, tag and star gazed for a little while. Well, actually we were cloud gazing. We identified the shapes of poodles, super-man symbols and reindeer... We sat around the bonfire singing rounds and playing games. We made a STAR WARS skit for the adults, and we just hung out and played. It was midnight when they left. It was by far the bestest of birthdays I have ever had. I enjoyed every minute of it. And I realized how blessed I was for the family I had. Thank you everyone for your gifts, cards, hugs and words. They meant a lot.



AJ that is extremely creepy.

 Lauryn set this all up for me. It was a surprise and I LOVED it. She also got me a watercolours kit.

Miss Anna took the below photos. :)
 cloud gazing.
 BESTIES.




P.s check out the birthday video I made here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make me smile. ♥