7/12/2012

Jonathan + Genesia// wedding.

Saturday morning I walked into the club house where my Uncle was getting married. A video camera in one hand and Perry in the other. I was the official video-ographer. It was so hot outside I thought I was going to die in my dress. And my feet were hurting something fierce. But I was excited and happy for my Uncle. Very happy.
Because He had already hired two other photographers, I wasn't really needed to take pictures.. Or so I thought. Right when they were about to cut the cake both photographers came up to me and told me their cameras were both dead. And I was in charge. So with Perry in one hand, and my video camera in the other, I somehow managed to get these great shots.

Genesia was beautiful. Beautiful I say! Walking down the aisle She was smiling from ear to ear with tears streaming down her face. Jonathan was too. It was so sweet I immediately started crying.
My tears started there and did not end until after the well wishes and announcements/ dances at the reception.
The whole wedding was just amazing. And a quiet thought of what marriage was was revealed to me.
Congratulations Jonathan and Genesia.




















{My Grandma and Papa dancing to their song.}








4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job shooting a wedding - these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love these. I'm actually shooting a wedding next week. Any tips you would like to share??? The giveaway will end next Friday and I use a canon EOS rebel T2i.
    Louie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louie! Thanks for getting back with me on the giveaway. :) I hope this goes through. Thanks for your comment on my blog. And I have few tips when it comes to a wedding...
      Make a list of ALL the photos you need to take . This includes the bride and groom together, all the bridesmaids, the bride's parents together and with the bride, and vice versa for the groom. Just have all that in order. 2- capture all the moments. Everything. Espesh the way the bride and groom are looking at each other during the ceremony. There will probably be tears so try to capture those too! The ceremony is the easiest part to capture. Cuz they're just standing there. Try to get different angles too. The reception is the hardest. try to get EVERYTHING. the flowers, the cakes, the tears, the well wishes , the family and friends EVERYTHING. Your going to have to constantly be changing your camera settings if you are indoors, because of awful lighting. But the bride should be your main concern. I don't know how this wedding is going to be, but take the bride out and get a few good shots of her before the ceremony. If the bride and groom are doing' first looks' before the ceremony, HOLD DOWN THAT SHUTTER!!! But make sure to be in focus.
      I think thats it! Thanks so much Louie! :)
      p.s, did I read correctly that part of the giveaway is Megan giving a free blog design away? or did I misunderstand? GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEDDING!

      Delete
  3. You got some great shots of the wedding. My fav is the one of Jonathan peaking out of the door. I was happy to help at the wedding. When me and lauryn got to the house I couldn't stop thinking about you and the girls, being there around noon and then staying until midnight!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make me smile. ♥