Today I leaped out of my comfort zone.
Mom, Matt and Lauryn went to a horse show this morning.
Matt went because he wanted to spend time with Lauryn, and bless her.
I ended up staying home. With Yule.
(We ended up running around like maniacs playing Hide & Seek in the house)
And then
we got into a conversation about anger.
I told her that when I was younger, I use to be very angry and mean.
I told her that it was the same with Matt.
I told her that the Lord did a big work in us, and that we are no longer angry.
And we rarely EVER fight.
Yule teared up at that.
I told her that we were very happy that we had a new sister, named Yuliya, and that
we loved her very very very very much.
Yule choked back her tears and was unable to respond right away.
But she managed a cracked:
"I love you too."
I tell people that I am not a very affectionate person.
But in reality, that's not true.
The person I have made myself is not very affectionate.
But God is bigger than me, and he recently showed me that that is NOT who I
was created to be.
That actually, I am a real loving and affectionate person.
I just don't show it. Because it's awkward for me.
But awkwardness is within me.
And I need (and AM) getting over it.
When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
P.S
Matt gave me full permission to share this.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Go ahead. Make me smile. ♥